BC Ferries has cancelled 12 sailings on the Skeena Queen ferry on Sunday.
The ferry service said the cancellations are due to “crew availability” issues.
“We require a specific number of crew members on board the vessel to ensure the safety of our passengers in the unlikely event of an emergency and to comply with Transport Canada regulations,” BC Ferries staff said.
“The decision to cancel a sailing in these circumstances is made when we have exhausted all options to find replacement crew.”
The following sailings for the Skeena Queen on July 17 have been cancelled:
- 1:50 pm departing Fulford Harbour
- 3:00 pm departing Swartz Bay
- 3:50 pm departing Fulford Harbour
- 5:00 pm departing Swartz Bay
- 5:50 pm departing Fulford Harbour
- 7:00 pm departing Swartz Bay
- 7:50 pm departing Fulford Harbour
- 9:00 pm departing Swartz Bay
BC Ferries has found a water taxi that will provide service between Swartz Bay and Fulford Harbour, which will be following the regular schedule.
The water taxi can only hold 45 people at a time.
BC Ferries warns of more summer service disruptions
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.