Rashid warns of more RAW-backed attacks after Lahore blast

0
36


Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed on Saturday said that after being defeated at the hands of Taliban in Afghanistan, the Indian spy agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) backed groups were planning to carry out terrorist activities in Pakistan.

Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, he said the armed forces defeated the terrorists by sacrificing thousands of lives and now their activities have been limited.

He said that deadlock in negotiations with Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) came due to their unacceptable conditions. “They (TTP) broke the ceasefire… if they wish to fight then we will also fight back but if they surrender to the writ of the government and the Constitution of Pakistan then the doors [for negotiations] are open,” he added.

Read more: Lahore blast and beyond

The interior minister said that two terrorists of TTP were killed in Islamabad on the 18th of this month and the same action would be taken against anyone who will try to spoil the peace of the motherland.

Rashid said that the security institutions are fully prepared to curb terrorist activities in the country and incidents like the Lahore blast cannot shatter our determination and morale.

The minister said that investigation of the incident is under way and perpetrators will be held accountable soon.

Regarding speculations about imposing a presidential form of government in the country, he said no such move has been discussed in the cabinet as yet.

Rashid expressed hope that Prime Minister Imran Khan will complete his five-year tenure and the current opposition will not succeed in any undemocratic move to unseat him.

The minister urged the opposition to postpone their ant-government rally scheduled for March 23 as OIC world leaders will be in the federal capital during that period.

Terror alert issued

Meanwhile, the interior ministry has warned the security institutions of all four provinces of a possible terrorist attack following a blast in Lahore which claimed at least three lives earlier this week.

The ministry urged the provinces to be on a high-alert and prepare for any unforeseen security situation.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here