One of the things that created a lot of buzz on Twitter (now X) recently is the massive payments the creators have been receiving on the platform.
Now, many people are interested in knowing how they can also earn from this new initiative by Elon Musk. After the Twitter rebrand to X, the billionaire has always said he wants the platform to become a leading resort for creators. He plans to do this by allowing them to earn from their subscriptions and sharing the platform's ad revenue.
"Ads revenue sharing lets you share revenue from verified user's organic impressions of ads displayed in replies to content you post on X. This is part of our effort to help people earn a living directly on X," X said while assessing the issue of earning on their platform.
Apparently, this won't be an era where people are taunted for wasting their time on Twitter. The more they can tweet and get impressions, the more they can earn on the platform.
Now, if you can get more than 5 million impressions, you can make a significant sum of money. But before you can access this new method of making money, there are some requirements to meet.
Requirements for the New X Ad Revenue Sharing
There are some requirements to meet to partake in the Twitter ad revenue share.
"Ads Revenue Sharing will be available globally to creators who meet our eligibility requirements," X said.
Getting ads profits is very simple if you follow these steps:
- You need the Twitter blue checkmark to participate in the Twitter ad revenue share. Instead of being called Twitter Blue, it is now called X Premium. You must also get verified if you're an organization.
- You must have gotten more than 5 million impressions for the past 3 months. "Have at least 5M organic impressions on your cumulative posts within the last 3 months," X stated.
- Then lastly, you must have at least 500 followers or more before you are allowed to earn from the ad profits.
- Assuming you are now eligible for this Twitter ad revenue, the next thing you might need to do is to have a Stripe account ready.
Twitter also has some terms and conditions which you must adhere to if you must earn from this endeavor. Breaking any of them means you won't be eligible anymore, and you may also trigger a ban altogether.
How to Set Up Twitter Ad Revenue Share
Setting up the Twitter ad revenue share is quite simple. In fact, the most important thing is meeting their requirements and keeping to the rules. Every other thing is pretty simple.
- You need to go to the monetization part of Twitter (X) to set up the payment. This feature can be found in the iOS and Android side menu and the web overflow menu.
- The preferred payment option X recommends is Stripe, so you must create a Stripe account if you don't have one. Once set up, you can partake in the ad profit sharing.
Note that the program can be canceled anytime. So this is probably the best time to earn.
"X may modify or cancel the Program at any time in its sole discretion, including for business, financial, or legal reasons," the social media platform said.
According to users, you can only initiate a withdrawal when your revenue split hits a $10 threshold. There have been attempts to calculate the cost per view on X. However, calculated ranges have varied and may not be accurate.